Will MacLaren and Jamie Tozer chat with Gatineau Olympiques forward Zach Dean, analyze the likely new QMJHL fighting rules, Minnesota Wild prospects and more.
On this week’s edition of The Hockey News on the ‘Q’ with Will MacLaren and Jamie Tozer:
– Gatineau Olympiques star center and new Blues prospect Zach Dean joins us to discuss his club’s 21-game winning streak, striking gold at the world juniors in Halifax, Nova Scotia and the push for the QMJHL playoffs.
– The QMJHL intends to ban fighting starting next season. As the details are being worked out, Will and Jamie discuss how – or how much – this will actually affect play in the league.
– It’s the final week of the regular season, and two playoff spots are available for three teams. Who among the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, Saint John Sea Dogs and Val-d’Or Foreurs will punch their ticket? Who will be left on the outside?
– Sherbrooke Phoenix defenseman David Spacek is the lone Minnesota Wild draftee in the QMJHL, but the parent club makes up for this with the presence of future Hall of Famer Marc-Andre Fleury.
– 2023 NHL draft prospect of the week Marc-Olivier Beaudry made the most of extra opportunities when injuries saddled the Drummondville Voltigeurs blueline. Based on the current rankings, some scouts have taken notice.
Check out the full episode on your preferred platform.
The Hockey News On The ‘Q’ Podcast and each of THN.com’s podcasts have moved to new dedicated feeds! See below where you can subscribe to THN On The ‘Q’:
*New* Google Podcasts
For more shows and episodes on the NHL, junior hockey, the AHL, ECHL and women’s hockey, check out THN.com/podcast or click on “Podcasts” in the menu.
- THN On The 'Q': Zach Dean and Minnesota Wild Prospects
- Check all news and articles from the latest NHL updates.