Justin Cohn and Jacob Stoller discuss an ECHL goalie fight between Ryan Fanti and Brad Barone, the Jacksonville Icemen, playoff seeding and more.
This week on The Hockey News On The ‘E’ Podcast with Justin A. Cohn and Jacob Stoller:
– Jordan Binnington and Marc-Andre Fleury’s goalie fight may have been prevented, but in the ECHL — they let the netminders go. Fort Wayne and Wheeling had a crazy goalie fight, and Justin was on sight to give the behind-the-scenes.
– Ryan Fanti is the prospect of the week, not just because of his fight but also due to what Justin says is a much better performance than his .891 SP indicates. Fanti is signed to an AHL deal with the Bakersfield Condors.
– The Jacksonville Icemen are the team of the week. The ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers are on a quest to secure first place in the South Division. Goaltending has been the story with them, and they also got in the action before the ECHL trade deadline by getting Matheson Iacopelli from Kalamazoo. Justin also gave his thoughts on AHL-contracted players Ryan Lohin and Easton Brodzinski.
– An overdue congratulations to Michael Pelech of the Atlanta Gladiators, who became the all-time games-played leader in the league last month.
There was more to talk about, so check out the full episode on your preferred platform.
Note: The Hockey News On The ‘E’ Podcast and each of THN.com’s podcasts have moved to new dedicated feeds! See below where you can subscribe to THN On The ‘E’:
*New* Google Podcasts
For more shows and episodes on the NHL, junior hockey, the AHL, ECHL and women’s hockey, check out THN.com/podcast or click on “Podcasts” in the menu.
- THN On The 'E': ECHL Goalies Face Off in Fort Wayne
- Check all news and articles from the latest NHL updates.