New Zealand and India are scheduled to lock horns with each other at the Seddon Park in Hamilton on Sunday, November 27.
The Black Caps are on a thirteen-match winning streak at home in the 50-over format. Also, having won the first ODI of the three-match series against the Men in Blue by seven wickets and 17 balls left at the Eden Park in Auckland on Friday, the hosts must be brimming with confidence.
Tom Latham and Kane Williamson added an unbroken 221-run stand for the fourth wicket and helped New Zealand chase down a 307-run target with ease.
On the other hand, the second ODI is a do-or-die for India as another defeat would hand them a series defeat. The tactical move of going with only five bowlers didn’t work for them. Debutant Arshdeep Singh and Shardul Thakur had an off day, and they would be looking to make amends.
Shreyas Iyer, Shikhar Dhawan and Shubman Gill scored half-centuries in the opening game, and they need to carry on from where they left off.
The first ODI also did not have any rain break in Auckland but the scenario might be different in Hamilton. There are chances of rain – beginning with a heavy shower forecast for the morning – could be a delayed start, and maybe even a curtailed game.
Hamilton’s hourly weather forecast for November 27
- 02:00 PM – 16 degrees (Rain Probability – 67%)
- 03:00 PM – 16 degrees (Rain Probability – 49%)
- 04:00 PM – 15 degrees (Rain Probability – 49%)
- 05:00 PM – 15 degrees (Rain Probability – 68%)
- 06:00 PM – 15 degrees (Rain Probability – 49%)
- 07:00 PM – 14 degrees (Rain Probability – 68%)
- 08:00 PM – 14 degrees (Rain Probability – 52%)
- 09:00 PM – 14 degrees (Rain Probability – 48%)
- 10:00 PM – 13 degrees (Rain Probability – 41%)
- 11:00 PM – 13 degrees (Rain Probability – 34%)
- 00:00 AM – 13 degrees (Rain Probability – 34%)
*Timings are according to the New Zealand Standard Time (NZST).
New Zealand: With ICC Cricket World Cup Super League points up for the grabs, the hosts would go in unchanged unless for a last-minute concern.
Predicted XI: Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson (c), Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (wk), Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Matt Henry, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson
India: To level the series, the visitors could make a change in their bowling unit, with Deepak Chahar coming in for Shardul Thakur.
Probable XI: Shikhar Dhawan (c), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Sanju Samson, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal.
- New Zealand vs India, 2nd ODI 2022: Team News and Hamilton Weather Report
- Check all news and articles from the latest Cricket updates.