Quentin Musty and Calum Ritchie went first and second overall in the 2021 OHL draft, respectively. A year and a half later, they’re tied with nine points in nine games apiece as they look to improve their 2023 NHL draft stocks.
Ritchie leads the Oshawa Generals in scoring while Musty is tied for second on the Sudbury Wolves with fellow 2021 OHL draft pick Alex Pharand and behind Seattle Kraken’s 61st overall selection in the 2022 NHL draft, David Goyette.
In The Hockey News’ early 2023 NHL draft rankings, Ritchie ranks 10th while Musty sits at 18th. Brock Otten on The Hockey News On The ‘O’ Podcast also said Ritchie has good potential to be a top-10 selection. But both Ritchie and Musty must improve their consistency to convince NHL teams why they deserve to be first-rounders who can translate their game to The Show.
For the full episode of The Hockey News On The ‘O’ Podcast with predictions on the award winners and playoff champions, as well as an overview of OHL players in the Boston Bruins organization, click here.
Or, check out our coverage on other paths to the NHL:
– The Hockey News On The ‘Q’: Gatineau Olympiques and QMJHL Prospects (Team profile: Anaheim Ducks)
– The Hockey News On The ‘Dub’: Standout Stars in the WHL (Team profile: Arizona Coyotes)
– The Hockey News American Pipeline: NCAA and USHL Players to Watch (Team Profile: Carolina Hurricanes)
- Calum Ritchie, Quentin Musty Both Promising 2023 NHL Draft Prospects
- Check all news and articles from the latest NHL updates.