Jalen Carter will probably drop in the 2023 NFL Draft, but not as far as anyone would think.
Just draft Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter and figure the rest of it out later…
The best player on the best team in the country has had a rough go of it throughout the NFL Draft process. ESPN’s Todd McShay reported Carter had some character flaws. He has had issues with reckless driving, one incident resulting in the tragic death of two of his friends. Carter gained nine pounds and looked out of shape in his pro day because of the amount of stress he is under of late.
Regardless, these five teams are hoping Carter’s draft stock gets dinged enough to fall to them.
Table of Contents
- Page 1: The Detroit Lions have the Los Angeles Rams’ pick at No. 6 and can take a chance.
- Page 2: The Las Vegas Raiders could afford to take a chance on him picking at No. 7.
- Page 3: The Atlanta Falcons would be so stupid to not take a Georgia star at No. 8.
- Page 4: The Chicago Bears could win Carolina Panthers trade by taking him at No. 9.
- Page 5: The Philadelphia Eagles can use New Orleans Saints’ pick at No. 10 to reload.
NFL rumors: 5 teams who would love to see Jalen Carter fall in the NFL Draft
The Detroit Lions have the Los Angeles Rams’ pick at No. 6 and can take a chance
With this being a quarterback-heavy draft at the top of it, the Detroit Lions are in an absolutely fantastic spot to take the best player available. They could go quarterback with the Los Angeles Rams’ pick coming over from the Matthew Stafford trade, but Detroit already has a good thing going with Jared Goff thriving in Ben Johnson’s offense. In short, Detroit can take a big swing here.
The player that I’ve always likened Carter to is Ndamukong Suh. Prior to bouncing around the league as the ultimate freelancer in the trenches, the former Nebraska superstar was a No. 2 pick by the Lions. I trust the Dan Campbell/Brad Holmes partnership to deliver the Lions another gem of a draft selection. Since this is not their first-round pick, Detroit can absolutely take on the risk.
With Aaron Rodgers leaving the Green Bay Packers, the NFC North is so up for grabs. One would think the Lions can win their first division crown since they played in the NFC Central. Just imagine the Lions having Carter and Aidan Hutchinson playing off each other. Should the Lions draft well and continue their upward trajectory, they are a low-key dark horse to make NFC Championship.
Detroit needs for the Arizona Cardinals at No. 3 and the Seattle Seahawks at No. 5 to pass on him.
Atlanta Falcons | Chicago Bears | Philadelphia Eagles
- 5 teams that should hope Jalen Carter’s stock keeps falling
- Check all news and articles from the latest NFL updates.